Episode #30: The Biggest Conspiracy Ever (Lies at Work Series, Part Two)Jun 24, 2021
Since last week we talked about our wonderful Truth and all His glory, this week we’re going to flip the coin and look closer at what and who we’re up against in our quest for truthful working, thinking and living.
And in our desk to desk segment, I’m going to share some ways you can help improve your focus -- because that is something we all struggle with from time to time, some more than others.
Listen in for Part Two of our Lies at Work Series on the Working Upward podcast.
A few ways to help you keep focus as you work:
- Start your work with prayer.
- Make a list of three essential tasks for the day and focus on those. A variation: Brain dump a master list and cross out those things than can wait.
- Ask a simple question to yourself: What is the next right thing for me to do?
- Try the Pomodoro technique and set a timer for chunks of time at a time.
- Listen to instrumental music -- I've found the Chamber Baroque station on Pandora to be incredibly conducive to focusing.
- Take exercise breaks.
- Intentionally recognize your work as worship.
The Non-Prophet's Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Todd Hampson
Are you an Insider yet? It's free.
Subscribe today and you'll get weekly faith and work devotionals and immediate access to the Working Upward Business Boosters –– a set of free resources to guide you through the most essential parts of business ownership.