Episode #16: Serving Joyfully (Even When You Don't Feel Like It)Oct 03, 2020
There’s an old song that goes “There is joy, joy, joy in serving Jesus, joy that throbs within my heart.”
But here’s the deal -- while there is joy in serving Jesus -- sometimes you just don’t feel it. Things happen. The days get long. The work gets hard. You find yourself fake smiling and easily annoyed.
In this episode of Working Upward, we’ll talk about what to do when you get to that place and how you can renew your joy of serving your clients and customers and those around you even when you don’t feel like it. And we’ll start with taking a closer look at the joy of the Lord -- the kind He both possesses and gives to His children.
Joy Ride Through Scripture:
- “Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.” – Psalm 47:1
- “I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them and give them gladness for sorrow.” — Jeremiah 31:13
- “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break into joyous song and sing praises.” — Psalm 98:4
- “Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then it was said among the nations, the Lord has done great things for them.” — Psalm 126:2
- “You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.” — Psalm 30:11
- Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory— 1 Peter 4:13
- But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. - 1 Peter 4:13
- These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. - John 15:11
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.— Matthew 2:1
Mentioned & Related Resources:
Email me if you're interested in teaching what you know in an online course and would like a free consultation.
Want Your Business Featured in the Podcast? (It's Free)
Then go here.
Joy out loud. Right now. Remember joy is delighting in God and in the gifts He gives.
Pay It Forward:
Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes to help spread the word about the Work Is Good podcast.
Intro and Outro Music by Purple-Planet.com
Drum Roll Sound Effect by Mike Koenig, via SoundBible.com
Are you an Insider yet? It's free.
Subscribe today and you'll get weekly faith and work devotionals and immediate access to the Working Upward Business Boosters –– a set of free resources to guide you through the most essential parts of business ownership.